For 4 persons
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt(more or less to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and divided
- 1 hand kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
Bring a large pot and put tomatoes, onion, carrot, garlic, oregano, salt, ground red pepper, black pepper and vegetable broth together to boil.
Turn down the heat and cover, and slow cook for 6 hours.
Add the chickpeas, kale and lemon juice to the pot, stir to combine, slow cook for 30 mins.
Drizzle with oil before serve, garnish with basil.