For 4 persons
- 1lb minced pork
- 1800ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can of white Northern beans or other small white bean, drained and rinsed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1lb kale, cut into piece
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 65g Parmesan Cheese grated, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- red pepper flakes
Add the minced pork to a large mixing bowl, and add shallot, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, cheese, parsley, egg and gently mix with your hands until the mixture is combined.
Use a small scoop or melon baller to form 3cm balls.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat and pan-fried the meatballs for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Remove from the pan to the kitchen paper and set aside.
Add the broth, beans, carrots, onion and kale to the big pot.
Add the meatballs into the pot, cover and cook on low heat for 1 hours or until the kale and the beans are soft.
Serve the soup garnished with grated parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and fresh parsley leaves.